Production Line Manager – Hammarsdale, KwaZulu Natal
The main role of the Production Line Manager is to oversee the smooth running of the production lines and to ensure that their production lines run without any problems and minimum downtime. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Meeting daily line target scores or justify the reasons for not meeting the scores.
- Line performance (efficiency, man to machine ratio, quality conformity, change over time, capacity utilisation, target score, absenteeism, discipline) and plan for continuous improvement.
- Breakdown management – replacement machine within 5 minutes as per SABS procedure.
- Line Feeding Management – as per SABS procedure.
- Planning of new styles in terms of people and machines.
- Reporting of planned absenteeism and cycle time management.
- Tracking production and recording of production on relevant documentation and report problems to operations manager timeously.
- Managing the performance of employees and arrange training when needed.
- Motivating employees to produce as per their production capacity daily.
- Manage quality with the help of roaming examiners and end line checkers.
- Promote a safe work environment to ensure employee safety and product integrity.
- Work with HR to promote a positive working environment.
5 Years experience in a similar position
Workwear experience is beneficial
Knowledge of garment construction, industrial sewing machines and and work study methods (SMV/GSD) is critical
Ability to manage quality systems in terms of SABS SANS 434
Ability to communicate in isiZulu is beneficial
Excellent people and organising skills to coordinate production line
Ability to work with details and time sensitive issues
Good decision making skills and response to high-pressure situations
NB: Please email your CV and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: 28 April 2022